Nation World  


Iraq football stadium hit by deadly suicide bombing

(BBC NEWS) – A suicide bombing at a football stadium in northern Iraq has killed 10 people and injured 120 others, police say.
An attacker detonated explosives hidden inside a vehicle at the entrance to the stadium in Tal Afar, a mainly Shia Turkmen town west of Mosul.
Witnesses said the blast was followed by at least one other. Some said up to three suicide bombers were involved.

Earlier, the militant umbrella group, the Islamic State of Iraq, warned Shias of “dark days soaked with blood”.
“What is happening to you nowadays is just a drizzle,” said Al-Nasser Lideen Allah Abu Suleiman, the group’s so-called minister of war.
Abu Suleiman succeeded Abu Ayyub al-Masri, the leader of al-Qaeda in Iraq who was killed along with ISI leader Abu Omar al-Baghdadi in a joint operation by US and Iraq forces in April.
No group has yet said it carried out the bombings in Tal Afar, but correspondents say the method was similar to past al-Qaeda attacks and the group remains active in the area.

“Many people were gathered to watch the match,” Hussein Nashad, who attended the game, told the AFP news agency by telephone from a hospital in Tal Afar where he was being treated for shock.
“We heard a loud explosion and the people behind me shielded me from the shrapnel. I ran away, but then I heard someone shout ‘Allahu Akbar’, and then there was another explosion,” he said.

Another spectator, Ali Jaafar, told the Reuters news agency: “Suddenly we saw a pick-up in the middle of the field. The players were suspicious so they ran and as expected it turned out to be a suicide car bomber. The spectators began to run away but two suicide bombers were in the crowd.”
On Monday, more than 100 people were killed in a series of apparently co-ordinated attacks blamed on al-Qaeda and its allies.


Obama slams oil spill blame game

Barack Obama, the US president, has condemned what he said was the ‘ridiculous spectacle’ of oil company executives trading blame over the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
In his sternest comments yet on the issue, Obama said he would not tolerate any more ‘fingerpointing’ and denounced what he said had been a ‘cosy relationship’ between oil companies and federal government regulators.

“I did not appreciate what I considered to be a ridiculous spectacle during the congressional hearings into this matter,” Obama told reporters outside the White House on Friday.
“I will not tolerate more fingerpointing or irresponsibility,” he said. “The American people could not have been impressed with that display and I certainly wasn’t.”

Obama was referring to testimony this week in Congress by officials of the three companies involved in the disaster - BP, Halliburton and Transocean Ltd - none of whom took responsibility for the spill, and instead blamed one another.
“The system failed, and it failed badly,” Obama said.
“And for that, there is enough responsibility to go around. And all parties should be willing to accept it.”

Almost one month after the explosion on the Deepwater Horizon oil rig that caused the sinking of the platform and subsequent spill, engineers from BP have still not been able to plug the leak. Jake Sherman, a congressional reporter for the Politico newspaper, told Al Jazeera that it was clear from the hearings in Washington that the oil companies did not have answers to how to tackle the spill. “It was very clear, and it has been said a lot, that they don’t know how to clean this up. They said that the investigation is still going on and they don’t have answers yet,” he said.
“One thing they did get out of the oil companies, though, was that BP is willing to pay; it will pay for the clean-up and all forms of legitimate liability.”

Visibly angered by that failure to contain the spill and the gravity of the disaster, Obama said he was launching a ‘top to bottom’ review of enforcement of environmental protection safeguards.
“I’m not going to rest or be satisfied until the leak is stopped at the source, the oil in the Gulf is contained and cleaned up, and the people of the Gulf are able to go back to their lives and their livelihoods,” he said.


Australia hails yacht girl for sailing record

Australians have gathered around Sydney harbour to welcome back teenager Jessica Watson from her record round-the-world sailing adventure.
The 16-year-old is said to be the youngest person to sail non-stop, solo and unassisted around the world.
But her record has been questioned with claims that she has not sailed far enough.
She will also not be recognised by the World Speed Sailing Record Council, as it has ended its under-18 category.
Ms Watson sailed into Sydney harbour on Saturday, seven months after leaving on an arduous voyage some critics said was too dangerous for someone so young.
Thousands of well-wishers lined the harbour and watched from boats as Ms Watson sailed her pink, 10m (34ft) yacht Ella’s Pink Lady over the finishing line.
Family, friends and Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd have gathered to greet her. Many of the onlookers wore pink to match the boat.
Many more Australians are watching the event broadcast live on television.
“It’s like the day before Christmas,” she wrote in her blog before she arrived.
“Except I don’t ever remember getting this excited about Christmas.”
She left Sydney on October 18, defying critics who said she was being irresponsible for taking on such a difficult voyage at such a young age. (BBC NEWS)


Nicolas Sarkozy threatened to pull out of euro over Greece row

French president Nicolas Sarkozy warned of damage to Franco-German relationship if Angela Merkel opposed EU plan

(Guardian) – Nicolas Sarkozy threatened to abandon the euro unless Angela Merkel dropped her hostility to the EU’s €750bn safety net for the single currency, sources in Brussels and European capitals said yesterday.
In a confrontation between Europe’s two most powerful politicians, the French president said he would walk out of the talks and warned of lasting damage to the Franco-German relationship unless the German chancellor backed the plans.

“It was a standup argument. He was shouting and bawling,” said one official in Brussels. “It was Sarkozy on steroids,” said a European diplomat. “He’s always very energetic. This time he was very emotional, too.” The French leader banged his fist on the table, according to yesterday’s El País newspaper in Spain.
The showdown, late on Friday last week, kicked off a momentous week in Europe, raising fears – shared strongly in Washington and elsewhere – that the euro could collapse, wreaking untold damage on the world economy and also raising questions about the very future of the EU.

Merkel warned on Thursday that the single currency crisis triggered by Greece’s debt debacle was about much more than money. “If the euro fails, it is not only the currency that fails. Much more fails,” she said. “Then Europe fails. The idea of European unity fails.”
Sarkozy’s ultimatum came at a Brussels summit of leaders of the 16 countries in the single currency. It was called to rubber-stamp a €110bn rescue package for Greece, but was overtaken by events.

The financial markets were targeting Spain and Portugal and the Greek emergency had escalated into a full-blown euro crisis. After months of hand wringing, the leaders had to come up with a much bigger deal to underpin the euro. By 11.30 pm, several sources said, the summit was deadlocked, with Merkel digging in against a rescue fund to which Germany would need to contribute at least €120bn.

Diplomats at the time reported that the summit was going very badly and would continue through the night.
But it ended half an hour later after Sarkozy abruptly announced he was leaving. “Sarko said: ‘For me it’s over. I’m stopping this if we can’t agree,’ “ said a diplomat.

Sarkozy came downstairs and staged a triumphalist press conference, announcing a radical breakthrough, an agreement that was “95% French.”


Rocks, bottles, rubber bullets lead to bloodshed in Bangkok

Behind a stage at their makeshift camp in downtown Bangkok, protest leaders held an impromptu meeting Friday night. Despite sweltering heat, all but one wore a bullet-proof vest.
The perimeter of the “Red Shirt” base, with its stockades of tires and sharpened bamboo, has always looked like a war zone. But on Friday the protests crossed a new line, and the site took on the appearance of a besieged camp in the middle of enemy territory.

Powerful searchlights flashed over the roofs of skyscrapers, seeking out snipers like the one who allegedly shot and critically wounded protest leader Maj. Gen. Khattiya Sawasdipol on Thursday.
In the rare moments between amplified belligerence from loudspeakers on the stage, the rattle and pop of gunfire could be heard on the southern perimeter of the protest zone, evidence of a lethal game of hide and seek being played in the darkness by soldiers and anti-government demonstrators.

The operation that sparked Friday’s bloodshed was designed to quarantine the sprawling protest site, cutting off reinforcements and supplies. A scrappy battle developed. Troops - many of them appearing frightened and ill-disciplined - began by firing tear gas and rubber bullets, then escalated to live ammunition.
The protesters initially appeared to be armed only with rocks, bottles and slingshots. But there was evidence that they also had a small number of weapons, including grenade launchers and homemade rockets.

Caught in the crossfire were two Thai reporters and a Canadian cameraman. The three suffered gunshot wounds, but their injuries were not believed to be life-threatening. At least five people were reported killed, and dozens of others were injured.
Friday was not the most violent day of the nine-week protest - that was April 10, when 25 people, including 19 protesters, five soldiers and a cameraman, were killed - but it marked a troubling low point.

At best, the violence showed that the protesters’ claims to be a peaceful movement were seriously flawed. At worst, it suggested that the movement has been hijacked by militants who believe that their road to victory lies through chaos.
Thaksin Shinawatra, the former prime minister who was once the moving spirit behind the protests, now is calling for negotiations. Thaksin, a telecommunications billionaire who lives in self-imposed exile to avoid a two-year sentence for corruption, reportedly was instrumental in blocking the protesters’ acceptance of embattled Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva’s offer last week of early elections.

There were fears that the protests, which have been confined to a relatively small if high-profile part of Bangkok, could spread to the countryside, where Thaksin and the Red Shirt movement draw most of their support.
Confrontations already have been reported outside Bangkok, and the government has responded by extending a state of emergency to 17 of the country’s 76 provinces. But if the clashes spread and there are more shadowy meetings of men in bullet-proof jackets, the conflict may start to look less like a political protest and more like an insurrection.
– (Washington Post)


Ban Ki Moon urges to end clashes

UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon has urged protesters and the authorities in Thailand to avoid further violence after deadly clashes in Bangkok.
Ban’s office said he “strongly encourages them to urgently return to dialogue”.
Recent clashes between Thai troops and anti-government protesters have left 16 people dead and scores injured.
The protesters, who want the prime minister to resign, are barricaded in a large camp in the centre of Bangkok.
Further outbreaks of violence have been reported overnight with plumes of smoke rising from sections of the city.
Troops have set up roadblocks in a wide area to stop supporters of the anti-government “red-shirt” movement from reinforcing the thousands of protesters already in the camp.
A red-shirt leader, Kwanchai Praipana, told Reuters that stocks were running low because of the blockade but that they would last “for days”.
“We’ll keep on fighting until the government takes responsibility,” he said.
On Friday, troops fired live rounds, tear gas and rubber bullets in clashes with the protesters, who threw petrol bombs and stones at the soldiers.
“The secretary general is following with growing concern the rapidly mounting tensions and violence in Thailand,” Ban’s office said.
“He appeals to both the protesters and the Thai authorities to do all within their powers to avoid further violence and loss of life,” its statement said.
“He strongly encourages them to urgently return to dialogue in order to de-escalate the situation and resolve matters peacefully.” – (BBC News)


28 of wedding party electrocuted in Madhya Pradesh

Twenty-eight people, mostly women, travelling in a wedding party, were electrocuted and charred to death when their minibus came in contact with a high-voltage wire and turned into a ball of fire in the tribal district of Mandla, 550km from Madhya Pradesh’s capital, on Friday.
Police said the accident took place when metal objects and furniture like almirah, etc, on the roof of the ill-fated bus caught the overhead power line near Surajpur village. A total of 34 baratis, all tribals, were inside the bus. Six of the injured are now in Mandla district hospital.
Twenty-three women, four children and a man were killed instantly. The driver and the conductor jumped out and saved themselves. The police are questioning the driver.
Mandla SP K K Sharma said: “The victims, all Gond tribals, were returning from Dobhi, 35 km from the spot. Most of them were labourers and tendu leaf collectors. Women and children were in the minibus while the men along with the bride and the groom were on a jeep.”
“All the gifts from the bridegroom’s family were tied to the roof of the bus, including a steel almirah,” Sharma said. A criminal case has been registered against the bus owner, driver and conductor, the police said. In Bhopal, chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan announced a compensation of Rs 1 lakh each to the families of the victims and free treatment to the injured. He also ordered a magisterial inquiry into the tragedy. – (The Times of India)


Facebook downplays privacy crisis meeting

Facebook has downplayed the significance of a company-wide meeting to discuss privacy issues.
The blogosphere described the meeting as a panic measure following weeks of criticism over the way it handles members’ data.
Several US senators have made public calls for Facebook to rethink its privacy safeguards.
The American Civil Liberties Union, ACLU, launched a petition directed at Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg.
It called on him to regain the trust of users by giving them control over all the information shared via Facebook.
Earlier this week European data protection officials weighed in on the controversy and called privacy changes “unacceptable”.
A number of high-profile users have also deleted their Facebook accounts after the site introduced a new feature that lets non-Facebook websites, or third parties, post the personal views of Facebook users without their consent.
Facebook described its internal get together as part of its “open culture” giving employees “a forum to ask questions on a topic that has received a lot of outside interest”.
Industry watchers said the company, which is the world’s biggest social network, has shown it has “lost touch” over the issue.


Nuclear disputes showcase Russia’s growing clout

By Thanapathi
Russian president Dmitry Medvedev this week paid the first-ever visit by a head of state from Moscow to Syria and also made a visit to NATO member Turkey ruffling many feathers in Washington over growing clout of the former super power in a politically sensitive region. The Russian leader hinted that his country will consider empowering Syria with civil nuclear energy while he signed comprehensive agreements in Turkey to do just that.

Russian news agencies quoted President Assad of Syria as saying that he and Medvedev had discussed the possibility of building power plants, including nuclear ones, in Syria.
In September 2007, Israeli warplanes bombed a site in eastern Syria, which the U.S. later claimed was a nuclear installation aimed at building an atomic bomb with aid from North Korea.

Russia’s arms sales and possible nuclear cooperation with Syria, which has close ties to Iran, is unnerving for Israel and the United States, which earlier this month renewed sanctions on Syria for another year, accusing it of supporting “terrorist” groups.

On Wednesday, U.S. State Department spokesman Philip J. Crowley told reporters that Washington was cautious over any nuclear deal that included Syria.
Asked whether the United States approved of a possible nuclear bond between Russia and Syria, Crowley said that NPT signatories, including Russia, had “special responsibilities”.

Terror organisation in every way
Israel expressed “deep disappointment” Thursday over a meeting the Russian President Dmitry Medvedev held this week in Syria with Hamas leader Khaled Meshaal, saying the organisation must play a role in peace efforts. Calling Hamas “a terror organisation in every way,” Israel’s Foreign Ministry said in a statement that it expected Russia to stand by Israel in its struggle against Hamas. “Hamas is a terror organisation whose declared goal is the destruction of the state of Israel...Hamas is responsible for the murder of hundreds of innocent civilians, among them immigrants from the Soviet Union and also Russian citizens.” Russia, the United States, European Union and the United Nations, make up a quartet of Middle East mediators. The U.S., EU and Israel consider Hamas a terrorist group. Russia insists that Hamas should not be isolated.

Turkey and Russia agreed on a $20 billion project in which Moscow will build and own a controlling stake in Turkey’s first nuclear power plant, as the two Cold War-era rivals try to build a strategic partnership. Turkey’s drift towards Russia provides many reasons for concern in Western capitals. The country is the only Muslim nation in the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) and has been a firm ally of the United States and Europe during the cold war and beyond. During the first and second Gulf Wars it was from Turkey that US planes took off to bomb Iraq and the inclusion of Turkey in the coalition in both wars gave some credence to the claim that the conflict was not against Muslims. Yet in the past years Turkey has been struggling with its own identity as a moderate Islamic states. Though a committed and pivotal member of NATO, Turkey has not been given full membership of the European Union. Its application to join the exclusive regional group has been dragging on for years. Though the country’s economic status is cited as the main reason for this delay it is no secret that the European nations have been concerned over opening up its boarders to a Muslim nation be it moderate or otherwise. In this backdrop it is not surprising that Turkey has been chartering a new foreign policy which has seen it take on a greater role in the region and make new alliances with former foes.

Surprisingly Turkey has been a staunch defender of Iran’s right to pursue civilian nuclear energy. Turkey as a non permanent member of the UN Security Council, has been opposing moves to enforce sanctions against the Islamic Republic.
Meanwhile Russia has been softening its opposition towards imposing sanctions against Iran over its nuclear programme. This week President Medvedev, who has indicated Russia could support new U.N. Security Council sanctions against Iran over its nuclear programme, called for “constructive cooperation with the international community on Iran’s part.” The United States and some European countries believe Iran’s professed civilian nuclear energy programme is a front for an effort to develop atomic weapons. Iran denies it. The U.S., France and Britain, permanent members of the Security Council, are pushing for tough sanctions. However, they face stiff resistance from Russia and China, which hold veto power, along with non-permanent members such as Turkey and Brazil.

In another development Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva was due to arrive in Iran this weekend at the head of a large delegation for a summit of developing nations. Analysts say Lula hopes to broker a deal with Iran to avoid a rancorous U.N. Security Council debate over sanctions against the Islamic Republic and to bolster Brazil’s diplomatic profile. President Lula was in Moscow and met with the Russian leadership prior to his visit to Teheran. Brazil’s new diplomatic moves to avoid sanctions against Iran with the blessings of Russia come at a sensitive moment when the US has expressed confidence that it can garner enough support at the Security Council to impose harsher sanctions against Iran.

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton has warned that Iranian President Ahmadinejad might use his talks with Brazil to stall for time in order to move Iran closer to developing a nuclear weapon. “We will not get any serious response out of the Iranians until after the Security Council acts,” she said Friday.

Also these manoeuvres have undermined the US status as the sole super power calling the shots in the international arena. Russia, which since the end of the cold war had been voiceless in the international arena is making itself heard as a relevant power once again while emerging nations such as Brazil and Turkey have demonstrated that they too are not willing to be mere proxies in important battles and wish to play a more independent role on the world stage.


News in brief

Jakarta foils ‘assassination plot’

(Al-jazeera) – Indonesian police have uncovered a plot to kill Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, the president, and other senior government officials, authorities have said.
General Bambang Hendarso Danuri, the national police chief, said on Friday that a group of attackers planned to launch their assault during this year’s independence day ceremony and declare an Islamic state.
“They were confident that all state officials and dignitaries would be there,” he said.
“Killing all the state officials would have accelerated the transition from a democracy to a state controlled by Islamic Shariah law.”
Al Jazeera’s Step Vassen reporting from the Indonesian capital of Jarkata, said: “It’s a very high-level and sophisticated plot.”
Some of the information on the plot came from a series of raids this week in and around Jakarta that yielded 20 arrests as well as a supply of assault rifles, ammunition, telescopes and jihadist literature.

Chaos reigns in Kyrgyzstan

(Nytimes) – A chaotic day of deadly street violence in southern Kyrgyzstan ended Friday with the interim government’s retaking control of administration buildings in two southern cities.
The buildings were overrun a day earlier by followers of the former president,Kurmanbek Bakiyev, who was toppled in an uprising a month ago. The interim government established in the wake of that unrest has consolidated power in the capital, Bishkek, but still has a tenuous hold on the south, the homeland of Bakiyev.
At least one person was killed and 37 were wounded Friday in exchanges of gunfire between supporters of Bakiyev and those backing the interim government. Crowds on both sides included dozens of armed men, witnesses said.

Ed Miliband to take on brother David in leader battle

(BBC NEWS) – Ed Miliband will stand for the Labour leadership, the BBC has learned.
The former energy minister told members of his local constituency party in Doncaster that he intends to run and will announce it on Saturday morning.
His older brother David - the former foreign secretary - is also standing for the post vacated by Gordon Brown.
Ed said he had thought long and hard about standing against his older sibling, while David earlier insisted “brotherly love will survive”.
The pair are the only two Labour MPs to have announced they are standing for the party leadership.
Speaking before Ed confirmed his decision David Miliband said he was “absolutely confident” the family could “remain strong” whatever happened.
Ex-Schools Secretary Ed Balls and backbencher Jon Cruddas have both indicated they are considering a bid.
Alan Johnson, Harriet Harman, Yvette Cooper and Jack Straw have ruled themselves out of the race.


2010 Thai political protest

The 2010 Thai political protests are an ongoing series of protests against the ruling government in Thailand. The protests are the result of an ongoing political crisis and turned violent in March-May 2010.
Anger against Thai Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva’s government was high throughout 2009, with regular rumours of a military coup. In February 2010, Abhisit tightened security in anticipation of a controversial Supreme Court ruling. When the February 26 ruling came, protest was limited, but the National United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) announced it would organise a March 14 protest and call for new elections. Abhisit further tightened security in anticipation of the protest. The media was censored, and radio stations and television stations sympathetic to the protesters were shut down.
The March 14 protests were large and mostly peaceful, and demanded the dissolution of Parliament and general elections. The protests were based at Phan Fah bridge on Ratchadamdoen Road and went on for several weeks. Dozens of bombs were set off away from the main protest location, but no one was injured and no arrests were made. Tensions rose rapidly in early April, as protesters built barricades in the Ratchaprasong commercial district of Bangkok, shutting down commerce and traffic in the area. On April 8, Abhisit declared a state of emergency in Bangkok. On April 10, government troops attempted to disperse the protesters at Phan Fah, resulting in the deaths of 24 people and injuries to at least 800 others. Negotiations between the government and the protesters failed to reach agreement on a date for elections. On April 22, a series of grenade attacks killed at least one person and injured 86 others. A UDD proposal to hold elections in 3 months was rejected outright by Abhisit on national TV. On April 28, Thai security forces and anti-government protesters clashed on the outskirts of Bangkok, with troops firing both over and then directly into a crowd of Red Shirts to keep them from expanding their demonstrations. At least 16 protesters were wounded and one soldier was killed, although there were claims that the death was due to friendly fire. On May 3, Abhisit announced a reconciliatory roadmap which included elections on November 14. The roadmap was tentatively accepted by the protesters. However, tensions still escalated. On the evening of Thursday May 13, Khattiya Sawasdiphol (“Seh Daeng”), a prominent security advisor to the Red Shirts, was shot in the head by what was apparently a sniper’s bullet while he was giving an interview to the New York Times. The shooting kicked off two nights of clashes between security forces and the protesters, leading to at least 16 deaths and over a hundred injuries by Saturday morning. The state of emergency was expanded to 17 provinces nationwide.
– (Wikipedia)


UK and US embassies shut down as violence worsens

The British embassy in Bangkok has temporarily closed following an upsurge of violence in the Thai capital.
Quinton Quayle, the British Ambassador to Thailand, told the BBC he was in the building and was monitoring the protests taking place nearby.
He advised against all but essential travel to Bangkok and other areas.
Anti-government, red-shirted protesters have been occupying parts of Bangkok since March, and a state of emergency has been called in the capital.
Quayle told the BBC that the embassy was closed to the public as the roads around the building had been blocked off.
He said: “We do have a team here in the embassy, and I’m one of them, who are monitoring the situation, providing advice to the British community, updating our travel advice and generally trying to follow what is a fairly unpredictable and tense situation.
“With outbreaks of violence happening in various parts of Bangkok, it is difficult to keep track of it all.”
He advised Britons only to visit the capital if essential and those already there should consider whether they should be travelling around the city.
He said the embassy had been speaking to a number of honorary consuls dotted around the country about the protests but there had been no reports of “serious trouble”.
Meanwhile the U.S. embassy, located near the protest area, has shut down, at least until Monday.
Since April 28, when it issued a travel alert, the State Department has advised U.S. citizens to avoid all non-essential travel to Thailand; some hotels in the capital city have urged guests to relocate. – (BBC News)


Libyan plane crash survivor told of his family’s fate

Ruben van Assouw, the nine-year-old Dutch boy who was the sole survivor of a plane crash in Libya, has been told his parents and brother were killed, his family has said.
“We have explained to Ruben exactly what happened,” said a statement from the boy’s aunt and uncle read out to media in Tripoli. “He knows that his parents and his brother are dead.”
The statement said the boy was doing well under the circumstances and had seen the flowers and messages of support sent to him.
“The time ahead will be a difficult period for us,” the statement said. “We hope that the media will respect our privacy.”
The boy, from the southern city of Tilburg, is recovering in a Tripoli hospital after surgery on his smashed legs.
He had been returning from a safari holiday in South Africa with his parents and 11-year-old brother, all of whom died when an Afriqiyah Airways Airbus A330 from Johannesburg disintegrated on landing on Wednesday.
Dutch officials also confirmed he will return home on Saturday, accompanied by his aunt and uncle.
Earlier Ruben told a Dutch newspaper he was “fine” but could remember nothing of the crash.
“My name is Ruben and I am from Holland,” Telegraaf newspaper reported on a telephone conversation with the only survivor of the Afriqiyah Airways Airbus A330 that disintegrated on landing at Tripoli airport.
“I am fine, but my legs hurt a lot,” the boy said.
“I am in a hospital,” Ruben said. “I don’t know how I got here, I don’t know anything more. I really want to go home.” – (Telegraph)