electrocuted, a third in ICU
year old boy and his eight year old sister died of
electrocution yesterday in Ratnapura. The boy,
Maduka Suranga Atygalle and his sister Sakuni Umesha
Atygalle were both killed while trying to pluck
rambutan from a nearby tree.
Their elder sister 15 year old Piyumi Sandamali who
was also injured in the accident is receiving
treatment at the intensive care unit of the
Ratnapura General Hospital.
So far police investigations have revealed that the
children, residents of Patholpana, Lellopitiya area
in Ratnapura were electrocuted when they tried to
pluck rambutan using a metal pole from a tree that
was entangled in a nearby unprotected power line.