|Twelve Avasthas or behavioural
phases of planets - III
In the first article in this series, we explained
the significance of the 12 Avasthas of the planets
with regard to making predictions and how to
calculate the particular Avastha of a planet on the
basis of relevant data available. In the second
article in the series, we cited some random examples
of the effects planets produce when they are
different Avasthas. In this article we propose to
discuss a few more examples of the effects the
planets produce in different Avasthas.
• Sun in the Netrapani Avastha in the 5th and the
9th Houses: Magnetic personality, robust health,
leadership qualities, high status
• Sun in Prakasha Avastha in the 7th, 12th and 10th
Houses: Ill-health, misery and suffering for spouse
and children. If in the 5th, inauspicious for
children, if in the 7th, inauspicious for spouse.
• Sun in the Bhojana Avastha in the 9th House:
Native is prevented from performing meritorious
• Sun in the Kautika Avastha in the 6th House:
Enemies are overcome or eliminated
• Sun in the Kautika Avastha in the 5th and the 7th:
Death of spouse and children and contracting
• Moon: Waxing Moon produces favourable results and
waning Moon unfavourable results in all Avasthas.
• Mars in Shayana Avastha: If conjunct with Saturn
or Rahu, diseases in the head
• Mars in Shayana Avastha while in Lagna: Eye
ailments and constantly sustaining injuries.
• Mercury in Netrapani Avastha in the 5th House:
Denial of the birth of male children
• Mercury in the Sabha Avastha in the 5th House:
• Mercury in the Sabha Avastha in the 7th House:
Several wives (spouses).
• Jupiter in the Bhojana Avastha in Lagna: Native
becomes a great marksman.
• Jupiter in the Bhojana Avastha in the 5th House
with malefics: Native will have no children.
• Jupiter in the Bhojana Avastha in 9th with
malefics: Fortune or wealth denied.
(Please note: Jupiter normally produces good results
in the 5th and the 9th Houses, but he produces ill
effects when he is in Bhojana Avastha in these two
• Venus in Netrapani Avastha in the Lagna, 7th or
the 10th House: Very favourable. Physically strong
and sexually potent. But loss of teeth possible.
• Saturn in the Bhojana Avastha when he is in a
strong house: Native gets delicious foods.
• Saturn in Bhojana Avastha when he is in a weak
House: Native is denied good foods, defective
vision, spends time in repentance.
• Rahu in the Nidra Avastha in the 9th or the 7th:
Native is very fortunate.
• Rahu in the Shayana Avastha while in the 2nd, 12th
or the 11th: Wandering about as a pauper.
• Rahu in the Shayana Avastha produces good results
if he is posited in Virgo or Taurus or in a sign
ruled by Mercury or Venus or in a Varga of his own
or of a friendly planet. He does not produce good
results when he is in Shayana Avastha in any other
• Ketu produces results in a similar manner.